Thursday, January 31, 2008

Stammtisch!!

'Stammtisch' is the name given by its patrons to the Thursday evening club at Pasta House which I wrote about earlier. The name is dedicated to the Germans who started it in 1999. The word Stammtisch is German which is not easily translated into English but it means something like 'regular's table' or 'regular get-together'. Literally speaking, the word Stammtisch is a table in a bar or restaurant which is reserved for the same guests at the same time every day or every week.

So this week also I was part of the group..again a big one this time with lot's of new people...


From Left round the table..Hee Sun [Owner of Pasta House,Korea], Colin & Phillippa [New Zealand], Jose [USA], Choi, Cleo, Lita, Eunhee, Mi [Korea], George Suzuki[Japan], Alan [USA], Jeung Sun [Korea], John Paul [Uganda], Adrienne, Molly [Australia], Parth [India] & Angel[Puerto Rico]..got all this time!

Well this time around I was a little late but not enough to miss the fun with some traditional Korean songs..



Jeung Sun sings professionally as well..she took the center stage for a while...



And while leaving she took me & Jose to the place where she sings usually on Thursday nights..and dedicated this Indian song to me..a must watch for all those in India!



I really loved this installation on the roof of the bar..


Installation on the roof

There I also met this guy Juntai who is a Japanese photographer..and a part time singer!



I dunno what impressed him while talking with me that he gifted me some of the pictures that he had clicked from the portfolio he was carrying!

The pictures appear grainy because the prints were taken on some very special glitter paper which I scanned to post them here...he said the model is one of his biggest inspirations..




































































Thanks a lot Juntai!

And thanks Korea for one more wonderful evening!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

very good. hope i had been there to enjoy the moments. Chill.

Anonymous said...

FagWrorry
[url=http://healthplusrx.com/legionnaires-disease]legionnaires disease[/url]
ambusesuppomb

Web Analytics